We may be enjoying the beautiful spring weather here in Baton Rouge, but in a few short weeks, another sweltering southern summer will be upon us. If you’re looking for water fun in and around Baton Rouge, look no further than this list! There are dozens of Baton Rouge splash pads and places to have fun in the water around Baton Rouge!
Baton Rouge Splash Pads, Pools and Water Parks :: A Guide For Families
Repentance Park Fountains :: Located downtown in front of the Shaw Center for the Arts, these interactive fountains will leave kids jumping for joy. There is also another great fountain for playing and splashing in the North Blvd Town Square.
BREC Splash Pads :: There are a few BREC Parks with Baton Rouge splash pads! They are open March – October from 8:00am to 8:00pm
- Greenwood Community Park – This park near the Baton Rouge Zoo in Baker also features a playground, picnic area, golf, disc golf, dog park, walking trails, tennis courts and a fishing lake.
- Forest Community Park – Off of South Harrell’s Ferry Road with a playground, picnic area, pavilion rentals, recreation center, indoor basketball, tennis courts, baseball field, dog park, walking paths, and a fishing lake.
- City-Brooks Community Park – Near LSU and offering a playground, picnic area, dog park, tennis courts, baseball & soccer fields, golf course, outdoor basketball court, walking paths, and fishing lake.
- Highland Road Community Park – In addition to the splash pad, this park also features a playground, archery range, tennis court, baseball field, disc golf, tennis court, indoor basketball, and the Highland Road Observatory.
- Jackson Community Park – Visit the splash pad at this park in Central. The park also has a playground, picnic areas, baseball field, tennis court, and soccer field.
- Zachary Community Park – Zachary Community Park splash pad junn be activated with a brass push button on the three foot yellow pole located in the splash pad spray area and is practically brand new! There are lots of other amenities like a walking trail as well. This is sure to be a favorite Baton Rouge splash pad.
BREC Swimming Pools :: Open May 23 – July 25 from 2:00-5:00pm
Cost: $1.25 per person, per day
- Brooks Pool – City-Brooks Community Park
- Howell Pool – Howell Community Park
- Anna T Jordan Pool – Anna T Jordan Community Park
BREC’s Liberty Lagoon :: Liberty Lagoon features water fun for the whole Baton Rouge family and includes slides, pools, a splash pad, a lazy river and more. Check the website for hours of operation. This is just one of many Baton Rouge splash pads we love!
Cost: Age 1 and younger – Free
Under 48″ tall – $9
48″ and taller – $11
Jambalaya Park Spray Pad and Pool :: Located in Gonzales, this park offers both a splash pad and a swimming pool. The splash pad is open from 8:00am to 9:00pm Tuesday through Sunday. If you can’t get to a Baton Rouge splash pad, this is nearby in Gonzales!
Cost: Spray Pad: FREE
Swimming Pool: $5 per person
Oak Grove Community Center Splash Pad :: This park has a splash pad, playground, and basketball courts and is located at Hwy 42 and Hwy 73 in Prairieville.
Blue Bayou Water Park :: Off of Highland in Baton Rouge, Blue Bayou features more than 20 water attractions including the world’s largest upside down water slide and frequent concerts. Check the website for hours of operation.
Cost: Under 35″ – FREE
36″ – 48″ – $29.99
Over 48″ – $36.99
Age 60 and older – $29.99
Special pricing and season passes available
AquaPards Water Park :: Located in Denham Springs and open Monday – Friday from 10-5, Saturday from 10-6, and Sunday from 12-5.
Cost: Under 30″ – Free
In-District – $5
Out of District – $8
Grab your sunscreen and a towel, and beat the heat at one of these great Baton Rouge splash pads, pools or water parks!